My two year old charge has trouble trusting me to take care of her.
A few minutes before noon, I usually get started on making lunch, and about that time she starts to break down
"I’m hungry," she tells me as I get bread from the pantry. I nod and tell her I know and that lunch will be ready any…
September 28th, 2014 // 78 notes
The enjoyment of God is the only happiness with which our souls can be satisfied. To go to heaven, to fully enjoy God, is infinitely better than the most pleasant accommodations here. These are but shadows; but God is the substance. These are but scattered beams; but God is the sun. These are but streams; but God is the ocean.
Jonathan Edwards (via sadmomhair)
September 28th, 2014 // 351 notes
Things I have discovered in my gap year so far:
1. I am a bad waitress. And that is okay.
2. I can choose to ignore mean things people say (instead of reacting overly emotionally).
3. Spending the day alone isn’t the end of the world.
4. Feeling like I’m standing still can actually leave room for so much growth.
5. God’s always waiting with a new dream.
6. I really want to do a mission trip.
7. Serving people (using my car, buying a gift, encouraging them, buying someone a coffee) is a great way to spend my time and money.
8. Any time spent with josh is precious.
9. Any time spent with any of my best friends is precious.
10. If I need to, I can make important phone calls and not sound like I want to cry!!!
September 26th, 2014 // 2 notes
Does she scare you a little? Good. She should make you fear her love, so that when she lets you be apart of it, you won’t take it lightly. She should remind you of the power that beauty brings, that storms reside in her veins, and that she still wants you in the middle of it all. Do not take this soul for granted, for she is fierce, and she can take you places that you never thought you could go; but she is still loving in the midst of it all, like the calm rain after a storm, she can bring life. Learn her, and cherish her, respect her, and love her; for she is so much more than a pretty face, she is a soul on fire.
T.B. LaBerge // Things I’m still learning at 25 (via tblaberge)
September 25th, 2014 // 6,569 notes